Goals Matter: Only you know what "success" means for you. Students with clear, realistic goals are more likely to be successful than students without clear goals (but you probably knew that).
Getting Started at Lansing Community College
Registration begins on April 23rd and begins for all students on April 26th! To view the Summer Semester 2013 Schedule Book, click here: http://lcc.edu/schedule/pdfs/Summer_2013_Schedule_Book_final_lr.pdf.
The Education Development Plan (EDP) - Your Road Map to Success
The EDP is the document we use at Lansing Community College to summarize the courses you will take and when you will take them. It is based on your goal and the time and money you are able to commit to your education. Should your goals change, it is important to update your EDP so it stays current.
To complete your EDP, you need to schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
How To Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment by calling 517.483.1904 or 800.644.4522, ext. 1904.
You can stop by the Academic Advising Center in the Gannon Building Room 212 on the Main Campus, please have a picture ID and your student number ready.
Location and Hours of Operation
The Academic Advising Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Gannon Building (GB) in Room 212 on the Main Campus. The building is located at the corner of Grand Avenue and Shiawassee Street. For more information, you can go to www.lcc.edu/maps.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 9:00AM - 6:00PM;
Friday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Additional Advising Information
1. Appointments- Call 517.483.1904 or stop by the Advising Center to schedule an appointment.
2. Phone Appointments- Call 517.483.1904 to schedule a phone appointment and have a Advisor contact you over the telephone.
3. E-Advising- Simply send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our goal is to respond within 2 business days. Please include as much information in the e-mail as possible to help assist us to assist you.
4. NEW! Online Chat with Advisors- Advisors are available for Chat Monday - Friday from 1-3 p.m. This chat is intended for general advising questions.
5. West Campus - http://www.lcc.edu/locate/buildings/west_campus/
6. East Campus - http://www.lcc.edu/ece/sites/lcceast.aspx
7. Livingston County (Howell) - http://www.lcc.edu/ece/sites/livingston.aspx
8. St. John Campus- http://www.lcc.edu/locate/buildings/st_johns/
Note: Drop-In Advising is no longer offered. You will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Waiver FAQ's and "How To's"
If you wish to register for a course that has prerequisites and you
have satisfied those prerequisites outside of LCC, you may need to
receive an override in order to register.
For complete information on the waiver process, including frequently asked questions and "How To's" on applying for waivers, please visit the Waiver Team's Website
Academic Advising Center
Gannon Bldg, Room 212
Phone: (517) 483-1904
Additional contact information »