Our mission is to serve as the college’s primary point of contact with elected and appointed local, state and federal government officials. The office develops strategies and activities to ensure consideration by federal, state and local government officials of college and other public proposals appropriations. In addition, it holds the charge of overseeing and implementing legislative and regulatory relationships with the Congress, State Legislature, City Council and County Commission, and governmental offices and agencies at all levels.
This charge is carried out through the following goals:
- Seek and pursue opportunities to advance the research and public service mission of the college.
- Identify and secure adequate financial support and substantive legislation which enables the college to fulfill its mission.
- Provide an official point of contact for federal, state, and local elected and appointed officials.
- Initiate and participate in the development of research and higher education policy discussions at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Provide assistance to administration, faculty, and staff in working through the legislative process.
- Monitor regulatory and legislative activities at all levels of government.
- Maintain up-to-date or legislative information for use by college personnel.
For inquiries about current legislation and executive actions, or communications with governmental officials use the Questions and comments.
Advancement, External and Government Affairs
Administration Bldg, 3rd Floor
Phone: (517) 483-1163
Additional contact information »