Writing Center Online Assistance
The Writing Center is located in the Arts & Sciences Building, Room 202.
Providing assistance to LCC students with writing projects in courses across the curriculum.
Is an online appointment right for you? Considerations before scheduling an online appointment:
- Do you have stable internet access?
- Are you familiar with Desire2Learn, or have you completed an online course at LCC?
- Are you looking for a convenient option that will not require you to come to campus?
If you feel an online appointment is right for you, here's what to expect:
- A scheduled, 50 minute appointment with an attentive Writing Assistant
- A live, online interactive chat about your writing via Desire2Learn
A Writing Assistant will work with you on your writing during regular Writing
Center hours. (See the
Hours and Appointments page.)
The Writing Assistant can help you with brainstorming ideas, generating a rough draft, polishing your writing, and developing more effective strategies for writing. (Writing Assistants will not edit your papers for you.)
Please remember, it may be easier and more effective to visit The Writing Center in person for assistance with some concerns (eg. MLA/APA documentation). To set up a face-to-face session on campus in The Writing Center, call (517) 483-1907 or stop by 202 Arts & Sciences. For more information, visit the Hours page.
Are you ready to schedule your online appointment?
- To request an online appointment, click on the "Online Appointment Request Form" button at the top of this page. You can request an appointment up to one week in advance. (If your request is not submitted during normal Writing Center business hours, it will take longer to process.)
- You will receive a message back confirming your meeting time OR asking you to select another day/time if a writing assistant is not available during the times you've requested.
- In the confirmation message, you will receive instructions for uploading your paper into the Writing Center's Desire2Learn Group site and how to access our chat room for your appointment.
Due to limited staff availability, we might not be able to accommodate every request for on-line assistance. However, we are eager to assist you with your writing needs. Please feel free to contact us for more information about online availability.
Arts and Sciences Division
Arts and Sciences Bldg, Room 202
Phone: (517) 483-1907
Additional contact information »