Resources for Students and Faculty
The Writing Center is located in the Arts & Sciences Building, Room 202.
you like to schedule an appointment? To set up a
face-to-face appointment, please call us at
(517) 483-1907 or pop into the chat window on
Contact Us page.
(Face-to-face appointments cannot be set up via
To schedule an on-line appointment, visit our Online Assistance page.
Providing assistance to LCC students with writing projects in courses across the curriculum.
Resources for Students
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: Writing Unified Paragraphs
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: What Is This Thing Called Analysis
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: Using Sources, APA
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: Using Sources, MLA
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: Writing an Expository Thesis
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: Writing Good Titles
- LCC Writing Center Tip Sheet: Elements of Argument
- LCC Library Student Success Guide, Writing
- LCC Learning Commons Services
How does the Learning Commons differ from the Writing Center?
The Learning Commons offers course-based tutoring that focuses on the entire content of the course. You will request a tutor for a specific class through the Learning Commons, i.e. WRIT 121, and you will meet with your tutor on a regular basis throughout the semester. The tutor can help you with things like understanding course concepts, completing homework assignments and writing any papers that are associated with the class. The Learning Commons provides a more comprehensive approach for students who need more assistance with specific courses than the Writing Center provides. The Writing Center focuses only on writing assignments, where the Learning Commons focuses on the whole class.
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab
- Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation
"I found my experience with the
Writing Center to be very worthwhile. It provided me with a great
opportunity to get an outside opinion on my writing and helped me to refine
Michael Crosby, Nursing Major
Resources for Faculty
We are eager to assist you with your writing needs. Please feel free to contact us.
Arts and Sciences Division
Arts and Sciences Bldg, Room 202
Phone: (517) 483-1907
Additional contact information »