What kind of things would you talk to a counselor about?
Counselors can help with problems such as:
- separation from parents
- relationship struggles
- barriers to success
- childhood abuse
- substance abuse
- stress and time management
- loss and grief
- career uncertainty
When you are thinking?
- I'm just not happy.
- I've been assaulted recently or in the past.
- I'm having trouble concentrating on my studies.
- I really get up-tight about tests, speeches, math, etc.
- Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by everything.
- I'm concerned about my eating/my friend's eating patterns.
- I'm concerned about my drinking/my friend's drinking.
- I'm feeling really stressed out.
- I don't seem to know what I want.
- I get depressed a lot.
- I'm thinking of quitting school.
- There are problems in my family.
- I can't seem to get interested in anything.
- I'm having trouble with a relationship.
- I need to talk about something that has happened to me.
- My attitude has been so negative lately.
Doris Roberson, Director Support Services
Gannon Bldg, Room 204
Phone: (517) 483-1924
Additional contact information »