Why seek counseling?
How we can help you?
Lansing Community College Counseling Services(LCCCS) help all students to succeed by providing alternatives to dealing with life controlling issues. We have state licensed professional counselors that will help you manage stress personal loss, career uncertainty, personal relationships, time, substance abuse, and separation from family. Professional counselors can provide confidential services that will help you get back the power and control you need to put balance back into your life.
Counseling services can help you deal with depression eating disorders, addiction, mood disorders, childhood abuse, or a lost of interest or motivation, we can provide you with online Mental Health Resources, and much more.
Counseling services focusing on student success include:
Confidential counseling to identify and assist in resolving personal and interpersonal issues and concerns (relationships, family, substance abuse) to enhance student success. It is expected that students will be able to address these issues with a counselor in ten sessions or less. However, extensions will be considered based upon the counselor's professional discretion. Students are also allowed to return at a later date if needed. If it becomes apparent the student needs extensive therapy, the counselor will assist the student in identifying a counselor in the community.
- Educational planning to facilitate career decisions, choice of major, and course selection.
- Evaluating the need for additional academic preparation to strengthen basic skill areas such as reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Career counseling supports a person's use of personal, educational and occupational information, from knowable, assessed and researched sources, as you decide and plan academic courses, majors and work experience.
- Transfer planning for successful transition to bachelor level programs.
- Referral to community human services agencies for further professional assistance.
Sue Muma, Associate Dean of
Gannon Building - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1924
Fax: (517) 483-9645
Additional contact information »