Lesson 2.2.3: The Classroom Critical Incident Questionnaire
At the end of the last class session of the week, have the students anonymously complete a questionnaire to include one or all of the following questions:
- At what moment in the class this week did you feel most engaged with what was happening?
- At what moment in the class this week did you feel most distanced from what was happening?
- What action that anyone (teacher or student) took in class this week did you find most affirming and helpful?
- What action that anyone (teacher or student) took in class this week did you find most puzzling or confusing?
- What about the class this week surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reaction to what went on, or anything else that occurs to you.)
Follow up by responding to the results of the questionnaire at the onset of the next class session.
Brookfield, Stephen D. Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1995. Print.
Open Hours for "Get The Grades Out Week"
December 8 - 11: 8 am - 6 pm
December 12: 8 am - 5 pm
December 16: 8 am - 7 pm
To send an APPLEGRAM online,
fill-out the Applegram form.