Lesson 1: Purpose of Early Semester Student Feedback
"Instructors will perform with excellence if they receive feedback that reinforces and develops excellent performance." -Bob Powers
- To recognize exemplary teaching efforts.
- To give students a sense of empowerment with regards to their learning environment.
- To give teachers feedback regarding their teaching effectiveness.
- To determine possible barriers to students' learning.
- To increase instructor accountability.
- To assess various instructional practices on student learning.
- To stimulate instructor growth and improvement.
- To prevent an attitude of "it doesn't matter," which is likely to affect an instructors performance.
Center for Teaching Excellence
Technology and Learning Center, Room 324
Phone: (517) 483-1680
Additional contact information »
Open Hours for "Get The Grades Out Week"
Monday, December 9 -
Thursday, December 12: 8 am - 6 pm
Friday, December 13: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday, December 16: 8 am - 6 pm
Tuesday, December 17: 8 am - 7 pm
To send an APPLEGRAM online,
fill-out the Applegram form.