Lesson 1: The Purpose Of Testing
- To provide a record for assigning grades.
- To provide a learning experience for students.
- To motivate students to learn.
- To communicate to students their level of understanding based on course learning outcomes and to serve as a guide for further study.
- When utilizing pretests, feedback is provided regarding the knowledge students bring to the content.
- To assess how well students are achieving the stated goals and course objectives.
- To provide the instructor with an opportunity to reinforce the stated outcomes and emphasize what is important for students to remember.
Center for Teaching Excellence
Technology and Learning Center, Room 324
Phone: (517) 483-1680
Additional contact information »
Open Hours for "Get The Grades Out Week"
Monday, December 9 -
Thursday, December 12: 8 am - 6 pm
Friday, December 13: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday, December 16: 8 am - 6 pm
Tuesday, December 17: 8 am - 7 pm
To send an APPLEGRAM online,
fill-out the Applegram form.