Lesson 1: The Purpose Of Testing
- To provide a record for assigning grades.
- To provide a learning experience for students.
- To motivate students to learn.
- To communicate to students their level of understanding based on course learning outcomes
and to serve as a guide for further study.
- When utilizing pretests, feedback is provided regarding the knowledge students
bring to the content.
- To assess how well students are achieving the stated goals and course objectives.
- To provide the instructor with an opportunity to reinforce the stated outcomes
and emphasize what is important for students to remember.