Teacher-Designed Feedback Forms
Students anonymously fill out a multiple choice/scaled response, one page form, with 3 to 5 questions the instructor would like feedback on.
- On one page, type three to five specific questions about your teaching that you would like feedback on. (See example)
- Develop either multiple choice or scaled response questions. (Or, have students come up with questions they would like to see on a form. They could develop these either individually or as a group activity.)
- Administer during the last 10 minutes of class, approximately three times per semester.
- To encourage honest, anonymous responses have students turn them into the office or place in an envelop and return to your mailbox.
- After analyzing and summarizing the feedback, share the results with your students, as well as the specific action(s) you intend to take as a result of their feedback.
- It demonstrates your commitment to the instructional goals and your respect for the students' opinions.
- Also, you are modeling the value of inviting evaluation by others, which may be an important technique in their chosen career.
- Feedback is anonymous because students do not sign the form or write comments.
Here is a sample feedback form.
Open Hours for "Get The Grades Out Week"
December 8 - 11: 8 am - 6 pm
December 12: 8 am - 5 pm
December 16: 8 am - 7 pm
To send an APPLEGRAM online,
fill-out the Applegram form.