Desire2Learn Feature Requests
Current Feature Requests Submitted to Desire2Learn:
- Add a post first option to discussion boards - Coming Summer 2013!
- The ability for an Instructor to view the current size of a course.
- The ability to link multiple discussion topics to a single gradebook item.
- Retain all settings, specifically the requirement to use Respondus Lockdown Browser, when importing a quiz from the LOR.
- The ability to randomize all multiple choice/select questions for an entire quiz instead of having to do it question-by-question.
- The ability to link a discussion forum to a gradebook item instead of just a topic.
- Add a field to the discussions statistics screen allowing Instructors to enter a score associated with the gradebook.
- Expand the character limit for alt-text from 80 characters to over 200 characters for more in-depth descriptions.
- Add reverse release conditions which hide an item once a student completes the indicated task.
- The ability to ensure release conditions not being met are up-to-date affecting objects linked to from Content.
- The ability to have scores transfer from a rubric to a discussion assessment area.
- The ability to password protect dropboxes and content items.
- The ability to link the attendance tool to the gradebook.
- The ability to add comments/feedback within attendance.
- The ability to add parameters for users to select a date
range to track and then which specific days of the week which
would then automatically populate the individual dates instead
of having to enter each date manually.
- Example: Instructor selects to track from January 14, 2013 to May 13, 2013 on Mondays and Wednesdays. The attendance tool would then populate the attendance register with dates between January 14 and May 13 that fall on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- When you perform a course copy in Desire2learn, re-direct users back to the edit course screen instead of the import/export/copy components tool.
Technology and Learning Center, Room 427
Phone: (517) 483-1839
Additional contact information »