Desire2Learn Feature Requests
If you would like to submit a feature request or provide feedback on using Desire2Learn, please visit:
Current Feature Requests Submitted to Desire2Learn:
- The ability for an Instructor to view the current size of a course.
- The ability to link multiple discussion topics to a single gradebook item.
- Retain all settings, specifically the requirement to use Respondus Lockdown Browser, when importing a quiz from the LOR.
- The ability to randomize all multiple choice/select questions for an entire quiz instead of having to do it question-by-question.
- The ability to link a discussion forum to a gradebook item instead of just a topic.
- Add a field to the discussions statistics screen allowing Instructors to enter a score associated with the gradebook.
- Expand the character limit for alt-text from 80 characters to over 200 characters for more in-depth descriptions.
- Add reverse release conditions which hide an item once a student completes the indicated task.
- The ability to ensure release conditions not being met are up-to-date affecting objects linked to from Content.
- The ability to have scores transfer from a rubric to a discussion assessment area.
- The ability to password protect dropboxes and content items.
- The ability to link the attendance tool to the gradebook.
- The ability to add comments/feedback within attendance.
- The ability to add parameters for users to select a date
range to track and then which specific days of the week which
would then automatically populate the individual dates instead
of having to enter each date manually.
- Example: Instructor selects to track from January 14, 2013 to May 13, 2013 on Mondays and Wednesdays. The attendance tool would then populate the attendance register with dates between January 14 and May 13 that fall on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- When you perform a course copy in Desire2learn, re-direct users back to the edit course screen instead of the import/export/copy components tool.
- The ability to email all users with no submission to a Discussion topic.
- The ability for URLs to open in a new window when accessed from the content browser or content viewer.
- Add a Recalculate and Save button at the bottom of the Quiz grading screen.
- The ability to automatically send a notification to students
which lets them know the Discussion topic they posted to
requires Instructor approval.
- Example: Your discussion topic was submitted and is awaiting approval by your Instructor.
- The ability to choose whether the Course Overview or Table of Contents is the default page activated when selecting the Content button from the toolbar.
- When an email message has been read, the email is then removed from the notifications in the mini-bar message area.
- When selecting a message in the mini-bar, the user would access that specific message instead of the general email tool.
Technology and Learning Center, Room 427
Phone: (517) 483-1839
Additional contact information »
Hours of Live Chat Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
If the Live Chat is Offline, please contact the eLearning Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave an offline message within the Live Chat client.
The eLearning Department will respond to emails and offline messages within one business day.