Important Semester Teaching Information
Select one of the below links to expand the section and review the important semester teaching information in that section.
Complete Course Copy
Instructions for performing a complete course copy are available at: http://www.lcc.edu/elearning/faculty/documents/d2l10/full-docs/manage-course/import-export-copy/d2l-complete-course-copy.pdf
***NEW*** Complete course copies are now processed through a course copy queue. Instructors can navigate away from the screen while the copy is being processed as well as view the status and history of the copy from the Import/Export/Copy Components Tool.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: This ONLY applies to complete course copies.
Complete Component Copy and Partial Component Copy
- Instructions for performing a complete component copy are available at: http://www.lcc.edu/elearning/faculty/documents/d2l10/full-docs/manage-course/import-export-copy/d2l-complete-component-copy.pdf.
- Instructions for performing a partial component copy are available at: http://www.lcc.edu/elearning/faculty/documents/d2l10/full-docs/manage-course/import-export-copy/d2l-partial-component-copy.pdf.
- ***IMPORTANT NOTE: When performing a complete or partial component copy, DO NOT navigate away from the page until the course copy is completely finished. The course copy is completed when each item has a green checkmark next to it and the words "Items were successfully copied" appear below it.
Information regarding Desire2Learn functionality which could impact those instructors teaching this semester:
- Are you using the latest version of
Firefox (version 23) or Google Chrome? If so, please
click below for information about viewing content within
- Content Browser Error - Please be aware that students may occasionally encounter errors when using the content browser on the Course Home page. When accessing a module via the content browser on the Course Home page, the content browser remembers the most recently visited module and attempts to display it the next time the Course Home page is loaded. If the module's end date has passed and the module is no longer visible to students, the content browser will display an internal error message and students will be unable to access any other content via the content browser. Users are still able to navigate to Content and view any topics which are available to them. Desire2Learn is working to resolve this issue in a future update.
- Important Changes to Linking and Embedding Library Resources in Desire2Learn - If you have links to articles from research databases or links to videos from Films on Demand in your Desire2Learn courses, please follow the below link to read important information about linking and embedding library resources in Desire2Learn.
- Display of Documents Within the Content
Viewer - With the recent upgrade of Desire2Learn,the
Content Viewer has been updated to display previews of Word,
PowerPoint, and PDF documents. While Instructors and students may
preview documents without downloading the file first, the following
functions are impacted:
- The ability to select and open HTML links in documents and presentations
- The ability to view animations and multimedia in PowerPoint Presentations
- The potential for headers, footers, tables, and auto-formatted lists to not appear in Microsoft Word documents
- Sending Mail to Yourself in Desire2Learn - When you send mail to yourself from within a course, the message WILL send successfully but WILL NOT appear in the course inbox. In order to see the message from within your course, you will need to filter the inbox to "All Messages". Viewing your mail from the My Home page will also show all of the messages from every course, including those messages you've sent to yourself. Desire2Learn is currently looking into this situation.
Instructors who would like assistance with the Desire2Learn can come to the eLearning Department at the below times. Appointments can also be schedule for those who cannot attend.
|Tuesday, August 20, 2013||8:00 am - 6:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
|Wednesday, August 21, 2013||8:00 am - 6:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
|Thursday, August 22, 2013||8:00 am - 6:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
|Friday, August 23, 2013||8:00 am - 5:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
|Monday, August 26, 2013||8:00 am - 2:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
|Tuesday, August 27, 2013||11:00 am - 2:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
|Wednesday, August 28, 2013||11:00 am - 2:00 pm.||TLC 427B|
Below is information available to students to assist them in using Desire2Learn.
- Desire2Learn for Students - Desire2Learn for Students training is now available online for students registered in Fall 2013 courses. Face-to-Face sessions are also available on the following dates and by appointment. Please keep in mind that registration is pre-required to attend a face-to-face sessions at:
Technology and Learning Center, Room 427
Phone: (517) 483-1839
Additional contact information »
Hours of Live Chat Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
If the Live Chat is Offline, please contact the eLearning Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave an offline message within the Live Chat client.
The eLearning Department will respond to emails and offline messages within one business day.