eLearning Instructor Support and Resources
- Course Management System (CMS) Guest Access Request - A form available to request guest access to the CMS for someone outside of LCC for limited purposes.
- Course Management System (CMS) Policies - A comprehensive list of policies to ensure proper use of the CMS, including gradebook usage, accessibility, and group sites.
- Course Management System (CMS) Standards - Outline of the CMS Standards, instructional videos, and checklists to provide instructor guidance concerning accessibility, usage, course design, communication, and technology.
- Course Management System (CMS) Workshops - Partnering with the Center for Teaching Excellence, facilitate multiple D2L and Instructional Design workshops each semester that focus on CMS Standards and features, course design, and educational technology tools.
- Department Meeting Sessions - Conduct trainings and informational sessions during department meetings to provide targeted D2L support, demonstrate technologies, and answer faculty questions.
- Desire2Learn TechBits - Weekly web series targeting current instructor needs. Videos provide D2L support based on actual instructor questions, feedback, and service requests.
- eLearning Instructor Blog - Online blog designed to provide weekly D2L tips, technology news, timely information for course instruction, and utilizing online college resources.
- eLearning Instructor Wiki - Online knowledgebase with over 200 step-by-step instructional guides and demonstration videos that focus on D2L features, as well as related third party technologies at the college.
- Instructional Designers - Consult with faculty and departments on best practices for CMS use, developing online courses and materials, and utilizing technology and multimedia for instruction.
- Netiquette - A list guidelines for communicating clearly and effectively online.
- Office Hours - Weekly hours dedicated to all academic departments to provide, one-on-one and small group, D2L support and Instructional Design guidance.
- Teaching Online in D2L - Simulation-based training that aims to prepare instructors for online instruction and use of D2L. This required training provides two tracks to support the instructional technology needs of both face-to-face and online/hybrid instructors.
- Technology Tools for Instructors - Up-to-date repository of the educational technology tools available for instructor use, including descriptions and support resources.
- Walk-In Assistance - Just-in-time, one-on-one and small group D2L support for new and continuing students, available during regular business hours.
Technology and Learning Center, Room 427
Phone: (517) 483-1839
Additional contact information »
Purpose: The eLearning Live Chat is intended for questions regarding D2L.
Hours of Live Chat Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
If the Live Chat is Offline, please contact the eLearning Department via email at email@example.com or leave an offline message within the Live Chat client.
The eLearning Department will respond to emails and offline messages within one business day.