If a hostile intruder is seen inside a building, dial 911 report what is happening.
- DO NOT pull a fire alarm! This could cause innocent persons to be put in harm's way.
- Run if there is an escape path, attempt to evacuate.
- Hide, lock/blockade the door, silence cell phones, hide behind large objects, remain very quiet.
- Fight, attempt to incapacitate the shooter, act with physical aggression, improvise weapons, commit to your actions.
If a hostile intruder is outside a building, run away from the threat as fast as you can.
- Do not run in a straight line.
- Keep objects or buildings between you and the intruder.
- If you can get away from the area of danger, warn others not to enter the area.
- Dial 911 and report what you have seen.
- An all clear notification will be given via the building PA system and the LCC Emergency Star Alert System (ESA).
Emergency Management and Safety Services
Gannon Bldg, Room 220
Phone: (517) 483-1572
Additional contact information »