1. Divisional Funds for Excellence
Each Education Division at Lansing Community College strives to educate and train students who are developing skills to join the workforce or choosing community college as an affordable alternative to four-year schools.
As budgets across campus continue to be tightened, these divisions need support for much needed updated equipment, technology and curriculum training to stay current in their fields. This kind of program maintenance helps students gain the knowledge and skills they need to compete in evolving industries.
Donors may select to support the following Divisional funds. Each divisional fund has its own set of criteria, but in general, donations are used for training, technology, equipment, guest speakers and student emergency needs, such as bus tickets, child care and textbooks.
- Arts and Sciences Division
- Health and Human Services Division
- Technical Careers Division
- Student Affairs Division
2. Program Funds for Excellence
LCC departments and programs create Foundation-managed accounts that are used to raise donations for targeted needs. A Program Fund for Excellence provides the opportunity to develop outside funding and partnerships with companies and organizations. The LCC Foundation currently maintains almost 75 Program Funds.
LCC Staff members can Establish a Program Fund for their academic program.
Establish a Program Fund
Program Funds for Excellence help LCC departments and programs raise donations for targeted needs such as equipment, materials, and professional development and Scholarship to provide tuition support to students enrolled in one LCC department.How to Set Up a Program Fund
- An LCC Foundation Program fund is established with a minimum $1,000 commitment by the donors.
- The Foundation and the donors prepare a Letter of Agreement describing how money donated to the fund can be used.
- The agreement also establishes who will be authorized to request expenditures from the fund.
- The agreement is approved by the Foundation Board and signed by the donor/creator of the fund and the Foundation Director. (Fund agreements can be amended by mutual consent of the donors/creators of the fund and the LCC Foundation.)
LCC Foundation Program Funds are administered by the Foundation in the manner that best serves the intent of the agreement. The Foundation has the power to modify restrictions or conditions on the distribution of funds if they become unnecessary or inconsistent with the educational needs of the college. Gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible to the amount allowed by law.
The LCC Foundation accepts equipment donations that will support college programs and provide opportunities for students to train on the latest technology in their field. In-Kind or Non-Cash Donations to the Foundation and College need to be documented on an In-Kind Donation Form, signed by the Donor, College Divisional Dean, Senior Vice President of Finance, Administration & Advancement and the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Washington Court Place
309 N. Washington Ste. 201
Phone: (517) 483-1985
Additional contact information »