- Submit an application for selective admission to the Enrollment Services Office. Applications are held for two years. Applications must be resubmitted if the application is over one-year old. (May 1st deadline)
- Provide proof of graduation from an accredited high school or satisfactory completion of the General Education Development (GED) with an average score of 45 with no score less than 35. An official copy of the GED scores or high school transcript is requested for verification.
- Submit high school and college transcripts to the Admissions Office. (May 15th deadline)
- Attend an applicant advising seminar. Seminars are scheduled periodically throughout the year. Pre-registration is required by calling (517) 483-1457.
- Complete all prerequisite courses (www.lcc.edu/enrollment) with a cumulative 2.5 GPA and complete all other general education courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better. Each general education course (except prerequisite courses) must be completed with a minimum 2.0 grade or better.
It is suggested that students schedule a conference with the Dental Hygiene Program Director at (517) 483-1457.
To read the following information you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click on the logo to obtain your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
All courses must be completed with a 2.0 or higher with the exception of the prerequisite courses which require a 2.5 or higher.
Recommendations and Suggestions:
- Students must complete all prerequisite courses with a 2.5 or higher in each course to be eligible for admission.
- Students who are considering transferring for a four-year degree are encouraged to take BIOL 201 and BIOL 202, rather than BIOL 145 for increased transferability.
- Students who complete the most courses listed (General Education and Other) with the highest grades will receive the most points for admission.
- All courses (except the prerequisite courses) must be completed with a 2.0 or higher.
- Points will be assigned in the Dental Assisting Experience and Post Secondary Degree Category based on the level of achievement in each category.
- Students must complete a Criminal Background Check.
- Current Cardiac Life Support Certification (Infant, Child, and Adult) is required throughout this program. (Must be the American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers). Certification must be valid for the entire 21-months of the Dental Hygiene Program (taken no earlier than June preceding the August start date of the program).
- Students must complete a physical exam and have all required immunizations current to include a yearly TB test and the Hepatitis series.
For further information and advising, contact the Dental Hygiene Program, Health and Human Services Building (HHS), Room 107, or call (517) 483-1457, or email us at email@example.com
Health and Human Services
Health and Human Services Bldg, Room 108
Phone: (517) 483-1410
Additional contact information »