Technology User ID (TUID)
LCC students, faculty, staff, and guests must use a Technology User ID (TUID) to access electronic resources for the college. After logging in through the LCC home page using a TUID and password, you will be at the MyLCC home page, where you can access various online resources. The resources you have access to will depend on whether you are a student, college employee, or guest.
Technology User ID (TUID)
- How do I Claim My Account?
- How do I look up my Technology User ID (TUID) and Banner Student ID?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I request a (Technology User ID) TUID change?
(Four hours prior to attempting this please ensure you have clicked "Display My Banner ID/TUID" link located in Banner Web.)
- Go to LCC's Homepage.
- Point to "Sign in" (located at the top of the page) and click MyLCC.
- Click Claim My Account.
- You will need to fill in only TWO boxes.
- Fill in the User ID* box with your Technology User ID (TUID).
- Fill in the last four of your SSN OR eight digit Date of Birth. Please do not fill in both boxes at the same time.
If the USER ID Box and SSN box give you error code 3 after you click Next please erase the SSN and put in your date of birth. If you still receive this error please contact the LCC Help Desk at 517-483-5221 for further directions.
If you received error code 6, you have already claimed your account which is a one time process. Please proceed to the resetting my password directions.
* This is used to log into MyLCC, Desire2Learn, LCC Student Email, and computers on campus. It is a combination of your last name, first initial with a possible number at the end of it.
* University Center students will need to use the UC ID box instead.
** In 6 months when your password expires you will go to change my password at that time. You will only receive a warning notice of expiration when you log into MyLCC.
Looking up your TUID
- If you know either your Technology User ID (TUID) or Banner ID you can lookup the other by logging into Banner Web, and then click "Display Banner ID and TUID".
- Help Desk staff can look up your TUID. Please email them at email@example.com or call 517-483-5221 option 0.
The password for your TUID (Technology User ID) is used for the following systems:
- Student Email
- Computers on campus
- Library research databases
Passwords expire every 6 months. You will receive a warning when you log into MyLCC that your password is about to expire.
There are a couple options for resetting your password*:
- If you know your password and it is not expired you can go to Change My Password, input your current password, and then create a new one by clicking Change My Password in the menu.
- If you do not know your current password, or your password has expired. You can reset your Technology User ID (TUID) password by clicking Forgot My Password, and answering 3 challenge (security) questions. The answers are case sensitive.
*Desire2Learn and MyLCC will work with the new password right away. The password will sync with email at 9am, and 5pm Monday â€“ Friday.
If you are unable to do either one of the steps above please email the LCC Help Desk at LCC1@lcc.edu with the requested information below.
Date of Birth:
You may also call the LCC Help Desk at 517-483-5221 option 0.
LCC is not able to change Technology User IDâ€™s (TUIDs) at the present time. Students/Employees were issued a login (TUID name) based on the information provided to LCC. Changing TUIDs is a very complicated process. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an automated process in place for changing the TUID/Login name, but is something LCC is considering for the future. The TUID at LCC is just a login name; the information held in the student and/or employee record can reflect accurate name/information as long as that information is provided to LCC.
Can't find your question answered here?
Send us your question! Your suggestions are always welcome and appreciated! Submit a question for our FAQs
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a service request form or call the Help Desk at 517-483-5221 or toll free 1-800-644-4522 (choose option 4).
(517) 483-5221 or
(toll free) 1-800-644-4522 option 4
Additional contact information »