Technology User ID (TUID)
LCC students, faculty, staff, and guests must use a Technology User ID (TUID) to access electronic resources for the college. After logging in through the LCC home page using a TUID and password, you will be at myLCC home page, where you can access various online resources. The resources you have access to will depend on whether you are a student, college employee, or guest.
Account claiming help topics
Click on the topic below for more information:
- Technology User ID (TUID)
- Password tips
- Challenge question tips
- Common error codes
- How to Reset Your Password
- Must be at between 8 and 10 characters in length
- Must contain at least one letter and one number
- Passwords cannot contain special characters such as; & ! _
- Are case sensitive
- Should be something unique and easy to remember
- Should be kept private and secure
- Will be required to change every six months
When setting up your password you will be asked to answer 3 challenge response questions. If you forget your password and you are able to answer all of them correctly, you will be able to change your password on your own. If you cannot answer all three questions correctly you will be required to call the Help Desk at (517) 483-5221 or (toll free) 1-800-644-4522 (option 4) for assistance resetting your password.
You will be offered 5 questions to choose from -select only 3 to answer.
- Make the answers easy to remember
- It is helpful if the answers are one word
- The answers should be your own (if someone is assisting you - it's helpful for you to answer these questions on your own)
- The answers are case sensitive
Tips: Common Error Codes
If you have not viewed the instructional video above, please do so to
minimize the likelihood of errors during your account claiming.
Error Code 6 Your account has already been activated. You only need to activate your account ONE time. If you never activated your account, go back and make sure the information you entered is correct. If the information you entered is correct and you did not activate your account or authorize someone else to activate it for you - contact the Help Desk for assistance.
Error Code 3 A piece of information you entered is not correct OR you have given too much information.
- Go back and verify that the information you entered is correct.
- Make sure you have only filled in ONE of the fields on the top of the form and ONE on the bottom of the form.
- Verify that your Student number or UCID or TUID has been entered correctly.
- If you entered your Birth date ensure that the format is correct mm/dd/yyyy
- Students use your date of birth
- Employees, use date of birth or SSN (last four digits only).
If all information has been entered correctly and an Error Code 3 continues, contact the Help Desk for assistance.
Other Errors Case sensitivity describes a program's ability to distinguish between uppercase (CAPITOL) and lowercase (small) letters. For example, "Password" and "PASSWORD" and "password" are all different.
You can reset your password one of two ways:
- Click this link: Forgot My Password (https://oim.lcc.edu/LansingOimFramework/public/ForgotPassword/index.jsp), and answering 3 challenge (security) questions.
- If you know your password click this link:
Change My Password (https://oim.lcc.edu/LansingOimFramework/secure/SelfService/index.jsp),
input your current password and then create a new one by clicking Change My
Password on the menu.
If you are unable to do either one of the steps above please email email@example.com with the requested information below. We will then generate a temporary â€œcurrent passwordâ€ that will log you into the Change My Password link. You will then be able to reset your password, and correct any issues with your challenge questions.
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Technology User ID (TUID):OR Banner Student Number: X00 Date of Birth: Address:
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a Service Request form or call the Help Desk at 483-5221 (1-800-644-4522 - for long distance). Choose option 4
(517) 483-5221 or
(toll free) 1-800-644-4522 option 4
Additional contact information »