Web Spaces/Express Server
Express is a secondary content store for eLearning. For example, if the eLearning team determines specific content is not a good fit for the D2L system, it can be alternatively stored on Express.
While the Express Server has a much larger per user allowance, 5,000 Megabytes, it is different than the Fleetwood server. Express files can be accessed from any computer with internet access.
To access/set up the Express server:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click the My Network Places link.
- Click the Add a Network Place link on the left of the My Network Places window and the Add a Network Place wizard will appear.
- Click the Next button, then select the Choose Another Network Location item and click the Next button.
- In the Internet or network address box,
type the following:
https://upload-express.lcc.edu/faculty/YourTUID/ (Substitute your LCC TUID for the "YourTUID" text.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Type a Name for This Network Place box, type a name that will remind you that this is a link to the express server.
- Click the Next button and Windows will offer to open this file space as a directory.
- At this point, you can copy or add files to the directly just like any other Windows folder.
Information Technology Services
Technology and Learning Center, Room 123
Phone: (517) 483-1755
Additional contact information »