Phase 2 - Articulation Task List
Secondary/Postsecondary Instructor's Responsibilities:
- Make an articulation request. Schedule a meeting to include the secondary
instructor and secondary articulation coordinator and LCC faculty and staff to
include the LCC K-12 Coordinator.
- Share the course objectives, competencies, and mastery levels required in an
area with secondary or post-secondary partner. The secondary instructor reviews
and compares the secondary coursework and objectives to the LCC course and
- Meeting at the high school/tech center with secondary instructor and
administrator, LCC instructor and Articulation Coordinator to discuss and review
course comparison, text used, view classroom facilities, etc, and clarify course
- Call a meeting with the secondary administrator and the LCC instructor and
K-12 Coordinator to discuss and review course comparison, text used, view
classroom facilities, etc., and to clarify course outcomes.
- Submit the
Articulation Task List to the Department of K-12 Relations for review.
Students must meet at least 80% of the LCC Student Learning Outcomes listed on
the course syllabus.
K-12 Coordinator's Responsibilities:
- Assist the secondary personnel in coordinating a meeting with LCC faculty to
discuss potential courses for articulation.
- Orient the secondary instructors and administrators to the articulation
process if necessary.
- Facilitate communication between secondary instructors and LCC faculty as
comparisons and competencies are developed. Share previously created
Articulation Task Lists for comparison.
- Review the Articulation Task List and the comparisons of LCC objectives and
the secondary objectives and competencies for clarity and completeness. Return
the Articulation Task List for updating if the LCC and high school outcomes are
- Forward the completed or updated Articulation Task List to the LCC faculty
for final review and agreement.
- Inform the appropriate LCC faculty and staff of the alignment once agreement
is reached and send a signed copy of the Articulation Task List to the secondary
high school/career center.
- Forward the
Student Proficiency Checklist and
Student Articulation Application to the secondary partner contact person and
communicate next steps in the process.
- Update the CTE Articulation Agreement database and make changes to the LCC
Secondary Articulation website.