Films on Demand Videos
Films on Demand provides educational videos on a variety subjects that can
be viewed on your computer and embedded in faculty Desire2Learn accounts. Access
to Films on Demand is also available on the
Problem with Linking to Videos - Summer 2013
As a Summer 2013, linking to videos from Films on Demand does not
work, so we recommend embedding videos instead.
Embed a Video
It is easier to embed films in Desire2Learn if you have two windows or tabs
In the first window/tab:
- Go to the course where you want to embed the video.
- Click on Content.
In a second window/tab:
- From the LCC Library homepage go to the Research Databases page by
clicking on Databases in the header of the page or at
- Click on the letter F under Browse Database
Titles on the left.
- Films on Demand will appear in the list of results. Click on the
Connect link to open it.
- Locate the film (or film segment) that you want to embed in your
- Click on the title of the film.
- Click on the link Embed this Video below the video
- Copy the complete Embed Code displayed.
Return to your Desire2Learn course site in the first
- Select the Module where you want to place the video and
- Then select New Document.
- Enter a Title. Desire2Learn does not accept long titles, so enter just the first part of the title before the colon.
- Select the Insert Stuff button from the HTML editor.
- On the Insert Stuff screen, select Enter Embed Code
from the menu on the left.
- Then paste the copied Embed Code from Films on Demand into the
Embed Code window..
- Click Next. On the next screen click on
- Publish the document.
Back to Top
To create a custom playlist, see Films on Demand's
Quick Start Guide