Library Learning Object Repository (LOR)
LCC Library has a Learning Object Repository (LOR) set up in Desire2Learn
which allows you to easily add links to resources such as:
- Ask a Librarian webpage
- research databases
- research guides
- citation guides for MLA and APA
Advantages of Using the LOR
If you link to items from the LOR, you will always be sending your students
to the most recent version of library handouts. Also, if a URL for a library
webpage changes, your link will automatically be updated.
Step One: Create a Module for Library Resources
The instructions below will help you create a "Module (was called folder in ANGEL) for Library resources.
- Click Content on the navbar to access the Manage Content page.
- Click on the New Module icon.
- Type your module title (e.g. Library Resources) in the Title field.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Your new module will appear in your Content Items list.
Step Two: Add Library LOR Links to Module
From your Course Home, you can browse or search the LOR from the Library LOR
box on the right side of your screen.
Browse the LOR
- Click the Browse icon in the LOR box.
- On the Browse page, click the Magnifying Glass icon to browse all
objects in the category.
- On the left hand side, Under Results, click on
Search the LOR
- Click the Search icon in the Library LOR box.
- Enter a search term in the Search For box.
- Results can be limited to
Library as needed
Creating a Link
- Click Retrieve next to the Learning Object that you
want to link.
- Click Create a Dynamic Link to object from Content.
- Choose a Parent Module from the dropdown list.
- Click Create Link.
- You can know Return to LOR search results and create
Suggest Items for the LOR
Please contact the library
if you have suggestions for resources to add to the Library LOR.