Who Can Borrow?
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- University Center students
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
Checking Out Library Items
- Take the item you want to check out to the Checkout desk.
- Show your StarCard or government issued ID (Driver's license, state ID, passport) to library staff.
You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books, CDs, DVDs: 28 days, one renewal
- iPads, Kindles: 28 days, no renewals
- MeLCat (print): 21 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (non-print): 7 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours (in-library use only), 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
- Course reserves are kept at the Checkout Desk.
- You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
- Course reserves must be returned to the Checkout Desk.
Borrowing iPads and Kindles
You may check out iPads and Kindles for 28 days
at the Checkout desk.
You may check out audio-visual
equipment for in-library use at the Multimedia Desk.
Available equipment includes:
- Phone chargers
- Whiteboard markers and erasers
- USB cables
- Ethernet cables
- Course specific equipment