Common Ground Festival July 6th - July 12th
LCC is once again a co-sponsor of the Common Ground Festival to be held July 6-12. Following are street and parking lot restrictions during the festival:
The following streets will be closed for the duration of Common Ground beginning Monday, June 29 at 9:00 a.m.
- Grand Avenue from south of Shiawassee Street to Saginaw Street
- Shiawassee Street from the alley east of the City of Lansing N. Capitol Parking Ramp to Cedar Street
- Washington Square between Ionia Street
and Shiawassee Street
Lane reductions will occur along the following roadways beginning Monday, June 29 at 7:30 a.m.
- Grand Avenue between Michigan Avenue and Ionia Street
- Saginaw Street between Capitol Avenue and Cedar Street
Traffic operation changes beginning Monday, June 29 after 9:00 a.m.
- Shiawassee Street from the alley east of the City of Lansing N. Capitol Parking Ramp to Capitol Avenue will be one-way traffic in a westbound direction
- Grand Avenue between Ionia Street and Shiawassee Street will be operated as a TWO-WAY street to provide access to properties in this block
The following detour routes will be posted to bypass the road closures
- Westbound Shiawassee Street traffic will follow Cedar Street south to Michigan Avenue, west on Michigan Avenue to Grand Avenue, north on Grand Avenue to Ottawa Street, west on Ottawa Street to Walnut Street north on Walnut Street to return to Shiawassee Street
- Eastbound Shiawassee Street traffic will follow Walnut Street north to Saginaw Street, east on Saginaw Street to Cedar Street, and then south on Cedar Street to return to Shiawassee Street
- Northbound Grand Avenue traffic will
follow Grand Avenue to Ottawa Street, west on
Ottawa Street to Walnut Street north on Walnut
Street to Saginaw Street, east on Saginaw to
return to Grand Avenue
Local access will be maintained to all closures,
including access to area businesses and parking facilities.
Student and Employee parking during Common Ground
The following parking lots will be unavailable for LCC parking beginning Monday, June 29 through Wednesday, July 15:
- Lot G – the parking lot to the east of the City of Lansing’s N. Capitol Parking Ramp (where Gibson’s is located)
- Lot H – the parking lot to the west of the fire station
City of Lansing N. Capitol Parking Ramp
Beginning Monday, June 29, through Wednesday, July 15,
LCC employees (Part-time and Full-time only) will be able to
park in the City of Lansing N. Capitol Parking Ramp for free.
You will need to use your StarCard to card in and out to receive
the free parking.
LCC Parking Ramp (Grand Ave.) & Schoolcraft Street
Beginning Tuesday, June 30, through Sunday, July 12, LCC employees and students may park in the LCC Parking Ramp (Grand Ave.) without being charged parking fees, although you must show your StarCard if requested. LCC employees and students will have access only to the first and second floors of the ramp. The only exit from the Parking Ramp will be the Schoolcraft Street Exit.
Directions to the LCC Parking Ramp or to access Schoolcraft Street
- Head EAST on Saginaw St. and turn
RIGHT on Grand Avenue. Grand Avenue will be
completely closed south of the LCC Parking Ramp.
LCC Lot Z (South-end of Gannon Building)
Lot Z is available for accessible parking for LCC
students and employees. To access this lot you will need
to stop at the barricade/traffic barrels just north of
Shiawassee Street and let the Common Ground security staff know
that you need access to Lot Z for accessible parking and show
Lot E (Between TLC Building and A&S Building)
Lot E is available for accessible parking for LCC
students and employees with accessible parking permits. To
access Lot E drive south on Capital Avenue past Shiawassee
Street, turn left (west) on Ionia Street, then turn left (north)
to the North Capitol Parking Structure Alley. You may drive
across Shiawassee Street to access Lot E.
Evening and Weekend Parking
From July 6 through July 12, LCC will allow the Common Ground Festival to use our parking spaces in the evenings and on weekends. Only people with a StarCard or a Common Ground special pass will be able to park in LCC parking lots after 4 p.m. You may have to show your StarCard to a security officer.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR STARCARD!
If you have any problems with Common Ground Security
when accessing LCC lots, please call 483-1800 immediately to
report the issue.
Location of additional employee parking lots may be found at: http://www.lcc.edu/parking/faculty_staff_parking/index.htm.
For more information, visit http://www.lcc.edu/parking/announcements/index.htm or call Police and Public Safety at 517-483-1800. For updates to all City of Lansing Traffic Advisories please visit: http://www.cityoflansingmi.com/traffic_news.jsp