About Online Orientation
Summer Semester Online Orientation begins April 1st.
Fall Semester Online Orientation begins May 23rd.
Spring Semester Online Orientation begins November 1st.
Online Orientation is open for students interested in taking spring semester classes classes.
You can learn more about which classes are offered as variable start here.
Students with a reading level of 5 may complete their orientation online or in person. Online orientation:
- Is convenient
- Can be completed on your own schedule
- May take less time than in person orientation
- Does not have to be completed in one sitting
Is online orientation right for me?
- System Requirements
- A modern PC or Mac computer
- Speakers or headphones
- Minimum 1Mbs Internet connection
- Firefox 2.0 or higher
- If you do not have a computer that meets these requirements, you can take online orientation on the Main Campus, in the computer lab (TLC 100) OR the West Campus computer lab (room 123). You will need your own headphones.
- Other requirements
- Completed Admissions application
- Granted Reading level 5
- Claimed your account
How to access online orientation:
Online orientation is housed in Desire2Learn. Eligible students will have access to online orientation within 3 business days after reading placement. (Students who applied to LCC for past semesters will need to contact our office for access to this semester's online orientation.) To access online orientation in D2L:
Once your orientation is compete, please allow 2 business days for the orientation hold to be removed.
Having technical issues? Contact the LCC Help Desk.
Orientation Information and Registration
TLC Bldg, Room 127
Phone: (517) 483-1957
Additional contact information »