Police & Public Safety
Tips for staying safe:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Keep your eyes and ears open.
- Trust your instincts and gut feelings.
- Park and walk in well-traveled, well-lit areas.
- Walk to your car in groups, if possible.
- If you are uncomfortable, call LCC Police at 483-1800 for an escort.
- Carry a cell phone. If you are being bothered or followed, call 911. If you don’t have a cell phone, ask a passerby to call 911 for you or go to the nearest emergency phone box.
- Ask LCC Police for a safety whistle to carry. The whistles are available to LCC students and employees and are intended to be used ONLY in emergency situations where there are no means of escape and you cannot get to a phone to call 911. If you hear someone blow a whistle, call 911 immediately. Furthermore, if you see anything suspicious, dial 911.
|FOR ADDED SAFETY... Get RAVE Guardian - a mobile app for LCC students and employees.|
Many visitors and first-time students are unaware of the services that we can provide. The following is a list of things we do for you:
- Provide battery jump starts and open locked cars, at minimal cost.
- Furnish parking information.
- Give safety and law enforcement lectures; maintain a vigorous College-wide safety program.
- Render emergency first aid. All of our officers are trained by the Red Cross.
- Help with directions.
- Escort you to your car or from building to building.
- Make emergency notifications after normal working hours.
- Maintain LCC's Lost & Found service.
- Coordinate the dispatching, servicing and utilization of all College-owned and leased vehicles.
- Make and issue all College door keys and open doors in emergency situations after hours.
- Investigate all criminal incidents on campus.
We are available 24 hours a day to provide these and other services.
Police, Public Safety and Parking
Gannon Bldg, Room 201
Phone: (517) 483-1800
Additional contact information »