Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarships
Lansing Community College offers Student Leadership Academy Awards to new students who
- Wish to gain additional leadership and community service experiences while following a primary college program of study
- Are willing to be active participants in the LCC Student Leadership Academy
The Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarship
- Covers a maximum of five semesters over a period of two consecutive years
- Up to $1,035 in tuition and fees each fall and spring semester
- $365 for an optional summer semester (at least three approved credits required)
An Award Recipient Must
- Attend a mandatory Scholarship Acceptance meeting (Spring) and Program Orientation (Fall).
- Enroll for a two credit leadership development (LEAD) course each Fall and Spring Semester.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade in LEAD courses and a 2.5 overall grade point average.
- Serve as a student representative on an assigned college wide committee.
- Participate in planned community service projects including on-campus engagement activities and events.
- Complete an approved individual service project.
- Grade point average
- Ability in the selected area of study
- Written personal statements, letters of reference, and service history
A second personal statement focusing on your community service and leadership experience, why you feel you should be a member of the LCC Student Leadership Academy and what you hope to gain from this experience.
A second letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community service/leadership representative addressing your leadership potential and performance. The letter must be on original copy, signed and on letterhead.
(see how to apply information)
Financial Aid Office
Gannon Bldg, Room 203
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »