Office of Student Compliance
The Office of Student Compliance at Lansing Community College exists to enforce the Student General Rules and Guidelines and Student Code of Conduct. Every student attending LCC must abide by these regulations and failing to do so will result in due process. OSC also assists students in utilizing LCC's appeal process and provides counsel, information and directions for resolving issues.
Did you know?
The following violations of the Student Code of Conduct are just eight of the many that will result in OSC intervention:
- Disruption or obstruction of college activities, administration or teaching
- Physical abuse, assaults, threats, intimidation and harassment (FYI: this includes messages sent via text messages, emails or any other electronic format)
- Theft or other abuse of computer facilities and resources
- Violation of any college policy, rule or regulation or syllabus
- Dishonesty- Cheating and plagiarism are not tolerated at LCC
- Conduct that is disorderly, lewd or indecent
- Failure to comply with directions of college officials or law enforcement officers acting in performance of their duties
To view LCC's Student Code of Conduct in its entire form, click here.
Select General Rules and Guidelines that you need to be aware of:
- Cell Phone Policy - The use of cell phones during class interferes with the instructional process and is therefore prohibited. Camera and video cell phones are prohibited in locker rooms and restrooms.
- There is an Acceptable Use Policy for utilizing LCC-provided Computer Resources. To view the policy, visit www.lcc.edu/policies/policies_1.aspx#ACCEPTABLE_USE_POLICY
- Discrimination and Harassment - Discrimination, harassment and offensive conduct against any person, student or staff member on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, creed ancestry, familial status, age or disability, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, disability or veteran's status or other protected status through any mode of communications including, but not limited to, in person, in writing, through telephone, electronic mail or instant messaging is prohibited.
- Financial Responsibility - Students shall remain current on their financial obligations to the College. Students owing money to the College in respect to such matters as fees, loans, library fines, driving or parking penalties, etc., at the end of an academic semester will be subject to disciplinary measures.
- Identification Cards - All LCC students are eligible for a college identification card (the "StarCard"), provided they meet the requirements of issuance. Failure to provide proper information or identification as required may result in the student not being able to receive an LCC StarCard.
- LCC Email Account - Students are responsible for checking their LCC-assigned email accounts on a regular basis. Official notifications and information may be sent to the student's email account.
- Student Code of Conduct - All students are responsible for knowledge of and adherence to the Student Code of Conduct.