Voter Registration Information
As a service to Lansing Community College students, staff, faculty and the community, the Student Life Office is making voter registration forms available on campus as well as providing information about other locations where the application may be found.
Voter registration forms may be obtained at the following places:
- The Student Life and Ombudsman Office (Gannon Building Room 218)
- Any county, city or township clerk’s office
- Any Secretary of State branch office
- On-line at www.michigan.gov/documents/MIVoterRegistration_97046_7.pdf
To register to vote in Michigan you must be:
- a U.S. citizen
- at least 18 years of age by election day
- a resident of Michigan and the city or township where you are applying to register to vote
The following State agencies also offer voter registration services to their clients: Department of Human Services, the Department of Community Health and the Department of Career Development. Military recruitment centers also provide voter registration services.
You must register at least 30 days before the election. This gives the clerk time to process the forms and send you a Voter Identification Card. You must also re-register to vote whenever you move to a new city or township.
Student Life and Ombudsman Office
Gannon Bldg, Room 218
Phone: (517) 483-1285
Additional contact information »