Eco Scholars Day - Presentation Guidelines
- PRESENTATION FORMAT: A presentation can take the form of a poster, formal paper, or workshop session. These formats are defined as follows:
- Poster: An informal presentation, with project information organized graphically (and using text) into a poster. Attendees get direct interaction with the poster presenter(s) about the topic described on the poster. The poster session runs continuously between 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm - all presenters must be present the entire time. An excellent, and recommended resource for posters can be found online: http://gradschool.unc.edu/student/postertips.html - all participants giving posters should review these resources for appropriate formats, especially if never having presented a poster before.
- Workshop: A brief (typically 30-45 minutes in length) interactive session, where attendees have the ability to learn about a topic of interest. This may take the form of a lecture, an interactive session with attendee participation, or a hands-on session where concepts to be discussed are illustrated through direct participation of attendees. Workshops will be held continuously between 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm, meaning that the same workshop will be presented several times during the afternoon of the event, with short breaks between each session.
- Formal Paper: A formal presentation of the results of a class project, research project/paper, project results, or an informational session about a project or program. These typically range between 15 and 45 minutes, including time for participant questions and answers.
Please check the appropriate box on the Call for Participation.
- Posters and workshops are presented continuously throughout the event (12:00 pm-3:00 pm).
- The length of each workshop session should be noted on the Call for Participation. It is recommended that workshop sessions be between 30 and 45 minutes in length, to allow for a short break before presenting the workshop again.
- The length of formal paper presentations should be noted on the Application. Formal presentations may be 15, 20, 30, or 40 minutes in length.
Technical Careers Division
West Campus, Room M103
Phone: (517) 483-1319
Additional contact information »