High School Juniors and Seniors admitted to the program are required to:
- Enroll in the appropriate courses
- Attend classes and special activities at least 90% of the time
- Maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average
Upon fulfilling the requirements above, students will:
- Be guaranteed admittance to LCC’s Pre-Engineering program and MSU’s College of Engineering
- Receive full tuition scholarship for up to four years at LCC and two years (maximum five semesters) at MSU. (LCC students must maintain an overall GPA greater than 3.0 and an engineering core GPA greater than 3.0 to transfer to MSU under the program and MSU students an overall GPA greater than 3.0 )
- Receive support services during the program
- Exposure to local individuals and firms in the field of engineering (See list of activities)
* Students will retain the right to attend any college of their choice, should they be accepted; however, the guarantee of financial assistance only applies to LCC/MSU.
"The 2+2+2 program is absolutely great!, getting free schooling is amazingly helpful. And all the great people I met in the program are great if I need help with anything."
- Current program participant
"When I received the scholarship my junior year of high school I had no idea how much it would mean to me 5 years later. The scholarship...freed up my time so I could focus on school and realize my academic potential.
Additionally, the scholarship allowed me to take an undergraduate research position which inspired me to go to grad school so that I can one day conduct my own research on materials for energy technology."
- 2008 program graduate
Academic Advising Center
Gannon Bldg, Room 212
Phone: (517) 483-1904
Additional contact information »