LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Curriculum: Nursing RN-BSN, Franklin University
Online Degree Completion Program
Curriculum Code: 1680
Code Title Credits Prerequisite Offered
REQUIREMENTS Total: 12 Credits
MATH 112 Inter Algebra 4 2.0 in MATH 107, see Catalog ALL
WRIT 121 Composition I 4 See Catalog ALL
WRIT 122 Composition II 4 2.0 in WRIT 121/131, see Catalog ALL
LIMITED CHOICE REQUIREMENTS Total: 64 Credits
Complete the indicated number of credits from each CHOICE listed below.
CHOICE 1: Mathematics 4 Credits (See Note 5)
CHOICE 2: Art & Humanities 6 Credits (See Note 6)
CHOICE 3: Sciences 6 Credits (See Note 7)
CHOICE 4: Social/Behavioral Science 9 credits (See Note 8)
CHOICE 5: Speech 3 Credits
SPCH 120 Dynamics of Comm 3 See Catalog All
SPCH 130 Fund Publ Speak 3 See Catalog ALL
SPCH 140 Interpsnl Comm 3 See Catalog ALL
CHOICE 6: General Education 12 Credits (See Note 9)
CHOICE 7: Technical Area 24 Credits
TOTAL CREDITS 76
1. This transfer guide supports a 3+1 Articulation (partnership) Agreement
between Lansing Community College (LCC) and Franklin University that
facilitates the transfer of LCC students to the Franklin University Online
Degree Completion Program. Franklin University completion guides can be found
online at http://forms.franklin.edu/transferguides/transferguideform.jsp.
This articulated agreement does not have a specified expiration date.
2. Entrance into the Franklin University Alliance online bachelor degree program
requires completion of an associate degree or 60 transferable credits and a
3. Prior to beginning Bridge Courses the student must apply to Franklin and
complete PF 321-Learning Strategies in order to activate their program.
4. Students are encouraged to work with the Franklin Advisor (see below) when
selecting courses to fulfill limited choice requirements. Regardless of the
number of credits completed prior to transfer, 40 semester credits hours of
the 124 credits required for this bachelor's degree must be completed in
resident with Franklin.
5. Students are required to take one course beyond the intermediate algebra
(MATH 112) competency requirement. Select from: MATH 120/130/151.
6. Select Humanities credits from: ENGL, HIST, HUMS, PHIL or RELG.
7. Select Science credits from: BIOL, CHEM, or PHYS. One of the courses must
contain a laboratory component in order to fulfill this requirement.
8. Select Social/Behavioral Science credits from: ANTH, PSYC, or SOCL. Students
must select courses from at least 2 different disciplines to fulfill this
9. Select from non-developmental courses. See your Advisor for options.
10. Students who complete the coursework on this transfer guide may be eligible
to receive an LCC Associate Degree. Please contact the LCC Academic Advising
Center for additional information. Students seeking an LCC associate degree
must fulfill specific graduation requirements. See the LCC online catalog
11. This transfer guide requires basic skill levels in mathematics, reading, and
writing. To determine accurate course placement, students should take the
Computerized Placement Tests in the LCC Assessment Center (GB 200) prior to
registration. For testing hours call (517) 267-5500.
For further information and advising, contact Douglas Peacock, Community College
Regional Manager, at (734) 674-5817 or email email@example.com;
Franklin University, 201 S. Grant Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43215, (877) 341-6300
VISIT THE FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY WEBSITE AT http://www.franklin.edu.
Effective from Fall 2012 through Summer 2013