Are you a first-generation college student?
If so, TRIO is for you. The TRIO Staff is committed to helping you graduate or transfer from LCC.
Nationwide, students who participate in TRIO Programs are more than twice as likely to achieve their academic goals.
Let's face it...
Getting through college takes skill. It also requires a sense of direction -- that is, a career direction you wish to pursue.
Before you can begin that career, you must successfully finish college. At times you will need help along the way to satisfy the demands it places on you.
That's why qualified Lansing Community College students have an opportunity to be a part of a program called TRiO: Student Support Services.
What is it...
Student Support Services is federally funded program providing:
- Academic Advising
- Customized Tutoring Services
- Open Lab
- One-on-One (by recommendation of TRIO Tutor)
- Student Development Courses
- Leadership Workshops
- Graduation & Transfer Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Financial Literacy
- Disability Accommodations
All services are free of charge to eligible students:
- Students who are first-generation college students (neither parent or legal guardian has a bachelor degree)
- Students with academic potential who have a financial need which meets income guidelines (as defined by the Department of Education)
- Students with documented physical, learning, or emotional disabilities
TRIO Student Support Services
Gannon Bldg, Room 142
Phone: (517) 483-1161
Additional contact information »