Course offerings fit into six types.
- In-Person/Face-to-Face: Traditional courses with all instruction delivered in-person in the classroom, clinical, or worksite.
- HYF - Hyflex: Students have the flexibility to choose how they will participate for each class session: in-person, online during the meeting time, or online asynchronously.
- ON - Online: Traditional, asynchronous, online courses.
- ORT - Partial Scheduled Lecture: Online real time (ORT)/live online courses with some regularly scheduled online meeting day(s) and times.
- ORT - Full Scheduled Lecture: Online real time (ORT)/live online courses where all instruction is delivered online during designated meeting day(s) and times.
- OH - Online Hybrid: Required in-person instruction with online coursework and activities.
To register, Log into myLCC and click on the Banner link to drop or add course(s). For assistance on how to register
online, please check out our "How to Register Online" instruction guide.
Note: Prerequisite overrides are managed within each division/department.
Students can add classes based on the teaching periods. For important deadline details, see the charts above. Register early for best class selection! For additional information, call LCC at 517-483-1957 or toll-free at 1-800-644-4522. Refer to variable-date options list for classes beginning throughout the semester.
Many LCC courses are taught in a shorter timeframe than the traditional full semester teaching period and provide the same amount of credit. See the list below for the various start and end dates of the teaching periods.
Students must be admitted to the college and complete the required steps prior to registering.
Students should determine that all of the required course prerequisites have been met and seats are available.
Online registration is available until 10 minutes prior to when a face-to-face class begins (lecture, lab).
Online registration for online, online/hybrid and classes that state TBA as one of the meeting times is available until midnight (12:00 a.m.) the date the teaching period begins.
Once online registration ends for a course, follow the Late Registration and Schedule Adjustment Guidelines below.
Students are allowed to enroll in classes and change their schedule in Banner without faculty approval or staff assistance through the first week of the part of term for 16-, 15- and 14-week courses. For 12-, 8- and 6-week courses, students have up to three days of the part of term to enroll or change their schedule.
For those late enrollment or schedule adjustment requests after the first week of the part of term for 16-, 15- and 14-week courses or after the first three days of the part of term for 12-, 8- and 6-week courses, special circumstances may be considered after consultation with and approval from faculty and with final approval from the Academic Dean.
Procedure for Schedule Adjustments and Late Registration Requests
- The student must complete the student section of the Drop & Add Form, found on the
Registrar's Forms page.
- Schedule adjustments after the first week of the part of term for 16-, 15- and 14-week courses or after the first three days of the part of term for 12-, 8- and 6-week courses only requires approval from both the instructor and the Academic Dean.
- The student will submit the form via email to the respective department for processing.
The department will coordinate with faculty and dean to obtain the required signatures
for the student.
- Please note that some requests may be denied after obtaining approvals from the instructor and/or the Academic Dean due to seat availability, registration holds, or prerequisite errors. Students will be notified either in person or via LCC email if a request is denied.
- The student will be notified either in person or via LCC email once request is approved and processed.
Students are responsible for dropping all courses they are not planning to attend and are responsible for payment of classes in which they are enrolled. Students should not assume they will be dropped from a class or classes for nonpayment, as there are many factors which will determine whether and when a student is dropped for nonpayment. It is the student's responsibility to verify his or her enrollment status. To verify enrollment status, students can view their schedule on the LCC Website.
Students should drop online until the deadline for each teaching period. Refunds are available based on the Refund Schedule below.
Please note: Dropping a class may require you to pay money back to the College if you have received financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid office before dropping!
The last day to request a change in residency status is Monday, February 20, 2023.
To submit a request to change residency, please select the Student Declaration of Residency form on the Forms webpage.
If you are unfamiliar with your LCC student e-mail account, visit the Student Email Assistance page for a step-by-step guide to getting started.
Because of federal regulations, Financial Aid can only pay for classes that are in your major or program of study. It is important to keep your major updated and only register for courses needed so you don’t have to pay for classes without financial aid.
To update your major or program of study, access the Change of Program Request form.
Last Date for 100% Refund TUITION and FEES
Last Date for 50% Refund TUITION and SUPPORT FEE ONLY
Last Date to Change to Audit/Credit
Last Date to Drop With No Grade
Last Date to Drop Course with a Record of a W & Last Date to Drop Online
|Standard Teaching Periods||[start - end]|
|First 8 weeks||[1/9-3/13]||1/15||1/22||1/22||1/22||3/6|
|Last 8 weeks||[3/14-5/8]||3/20||3/27||3/27||3/27||5/2|
|First 12 weeks||[1/9-4/10]||1/15||1/22||1/22||1/22||3/31|
|Last 12 weeks||[2/7-5/8]||2/13||2/20||2/22||2/22||4/27|
|Last 14 weeks||[1/24-5/8]||1/30||2/6||2/6||2/6||4/27|
|Last 15 weeks||[1/17-5/8]||1/23||1/30||1/30||1/30||4/26|
|Community and Continuing Education (Non-Credit Courses)||[Section Specific]||Please call (517) 483-1415 for assistance.|
|Open Entry Courses or Modules||[Based on learning contract]||Day prior to the learning contract start date||Per learning contract||Day prior to the learning contract start date||Day prior to the leaning contract start date||NONE|
|Less than 8 weeks||[Section Specific]||Day prior to the start of class||N/A||Midpoint of class||Day prior to start of class||NONE|
|8 weeks or more||[Section Specific]||7 days into the class||14 days into the class||14 days into class||14 days into class||Day prior to the last week|