The Student Leadership Academy is a unique leadership development and two-year community service scholarship program that aims to produce highly-skilled and experienced graduates in the areas of leadership and service.
The Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarship
- Covers a maximum of six semesters over a period of two consecutive years
- Up to $2,120 in tuition and fees for fall and spring semester
- $567 for two optional summer semesters (at least three approved credits required)
- Academy members selected by a scholarship review committee
- May be a new or returning student
- Must have a 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
- Must be in good standing (i.e. not on academic or social probation)
- Enrolled for at least six credits (fall and spring semesters)
- Must meet assigned academy requirements
- Participate in a series of four leadership courses designed for academy members (8 credits)
- Serve on and observe campus councils and committees to represent student ideas, interests, opinions and concerns to the LCC administration, Board of Trustees, faculty/staff and students. Inform students of college policies, programs and services.
- Participate in community and service learning projects which will instill and inspire a positive sense of servant leadership
- A minimum of 30 hours of approved volunteer service each semester
Educational Expense Scholarship Award
- $2120 for each of four semesters
- $567 for one summer semester
The StarZone is home to many student service departments such as admissions, academic advising, financial aid, student finance, testing and more! Visit the Enrollment Support Specialists in the StarZone for help with admissions, class registration, general financial aid questions and more.