LCC Police Department
ext. 1800 or 911 from any campus phone
CALL 911, tell dispatcher:
- WHO you are and WHO (i.e., name, age, gender) needs help
- WHAT happened
- WHERE you are, building physical address and room
- Retrieve Automated External Defibrillator (AED) if necessary (see building maps for location)
- Stop what you are doing and leave the building quickly and safely
- Take immediately accessible items only
- Evacuate to an area a safe distance away from the building
- Do not reenter until you receive an “All Clear” message
- Calmly and immediately, exit the campus and take your immediately accessible possessions with you
- Drive patiently when leaving the parking lot/ramp
When siren sounds or other notification is received
- Go to the building shelter area (as posted on the maps)
- Do not return to your work or school space until you receive an "All Clear" message
- Wait for notification before leaving; do not leave campus/class unless told to do so by an LCC Emergency Alert or public address announcement
- Call the LCC Police Department (downtown is heated by using steam)
- If gas smell is obvious or concerning, call the LCC Police Department
- Get away if possible
- Put distance between you and the threat
...if exiting is not possible:
- Create barriers to prevent or slow down threat
- Turn off light; hide quietly and silence cell phones
- Be prepared to defend yourself
- Be aggressive and committed to your actions
- May be ordered via a notification to stay where you are.
- This will most likely occur during an external threat, a nearby hazardous material incident, or other public safety risk.
- (of external campus building doors)
- You will be notified by the LCC Police Department via a PA announcement.
- Will most likely occur when there is a known external threat near your location.