The Cesar Chavez Learning Center's ACCESS program is free and open to all registered LCC students. The program helps students navigate their tomorrow by providing training in career exploration, financial literacy and soft skills.
In addition to providing academic support, ACCESS celebrates diversity and multicultural achievement while fostering confidence. Some programming is specifically designed to support the personal, social, academic and career success of Black, Indigenous and other students of color; LGTBQIA+, first-generation, low-income, and adult students; learners of varying abilities; and other marginalized or underrepresented student groups.
ACCESS's primary focus is to increase student persistence, and to promote degree completion and realization of career and/or academic goals.
ACCESS programming includes the following:
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Academic Planning
- Résumé Building
- Financial Literacy
- Career Exploration
- LinkedIn Profile Building
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- Interview Skills
- Workforce Etiquette
- Emotional Intelligence
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Students who want to be considered ACCESS members are required to complete the Registration Form and participate in programming throughout the school year as follows:
- Attend three ACCESS meetings each fall and spring semester (Students who are also members of MAP, LUCERO and/or WISE only need to attend one ACCESS meeting each semester);
- Meet with assigned Academic Success Coach once per fall and spring semester;
- Meet with assigned Academic Advisor once per fall and spring semester, unless a multi-semester academic map exists; and
- Attend one study table or tutoring opportunity (hosted by Cesar Chavez Learning Center, or by the Library and Learning Commons) per fall and spring semester. See the ODI calendar of events for information on Study Tables. Visit the Learning Commons website for more information on tutoring available to LCC students.
Student Program Registration Form
ACCESS meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month from noon-2 p.m. at the CCLC, located in the Arts & Sciences Building, Room 1313. Program dates for Fall and Spring Semesters of academic year 2023/2024 are listed in the calendar of events below.
ACCESS programming is free and open to all LCC students. Food and/or snacks will be provided during each meeting. All students are welcome to attend. Registration is not required.
For additional information, call 517-483-9804 or email CCLC@star.lcc.edu. Otherwise, we hope to see you at our next meeting!
ACCESS Joint Meetings
ACCESS Students will be invited to attend joint meetings with students who participate in MAP, WISE, and LUCERO. These special meetings will take place at the Cesar Chavez Learning Center throughout the semester.
*Graduating ACCESS students will be celebrated by Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) staff. Students receiving an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher will qualify to receive a special ACCESS graduation stole denoting personal achievement and involvement with ACCESS.
*The same Registration Form can be used to register for all programs offered by the Cesar Chavez Learning Center. Students only need to complete one Registration Form.